Steven Brant, Instructor
"I enjoy sharing and communicating knowledge I've learned throughout my career to help students prepare for and/or continue a successful career."
- M.S. in Accounting – Illinois State University, 1979
- B.A. in Accounting – Illinois Wesleyan University, 1977
- Owned/Operated Long Term Care Facilities (1983-2011)
- SIUE Teaching Distinction Award (2008)
- Financial/Operational Consulting
- Taught Long Term Care Reimbursement seminars for AICPA (1980-1983)
- Certified Public Accountant (since 1980)
In which online program do you teach?
What types of projects can online students expect in your course?
Analyze a publicly traded company's financial statements and notes to determine if investing in the company is recommended. Must defend your position by explaining at least five reasons from your research for your recommendation.
What do you want students to learn in these courses? What is the expected learning outcome?
Use financial statements to make informed business decisions.
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy sharing and communicating knowledge I've learned throughout my career to help students prepare for and/or continue a successful career.
What advice would you give to those considering this online program?
Be prepared to study and work many hours during this journey with your sights set on the day when you receive your diploma and graduate hood. Many personal sacrifices may need to be made in order to accomplish your educational goals. You must look at this as an Investment with a huge potential return.