Dr. Edmund K. Hershberger, Associate Professor and Chair
"Do not begin any online graduate program until you are ready to fully commit to completing it. Online programs are just (if not more) difficult that traditional programs, and you have to be very self-motivated and disciplined."
- Ph.D. in Marketing – Georgia State University, 2003
- MBA – Western Carolina University, 1994
- BSBA in Economics – Western Carolina University, 1992
- Department Chair since 2011
- Published multiple times in academic journals including Journal of Business Research and Journal of Advertising Research
In which online program do you teach?
What types of projects can online students expect in your courses?
- Marketing Communications Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing Research Report
What do you want students to learn in these courses? What is the expected learning outcome?
How to apply marketing fundamentals to decision making
What advice would you give to those considering this online program?
Do not begin any online graduate program until you are ready to fully commit to completing it. Online programs are just (if not more) difficult than traditional programs, and you have to be very self-motivated and disciplined.
Why did you start teaching?
To maximize the impact that I have on the business world.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I used to work for PepsiCo and Taco Bell as a marketing coordinator and operations manager in western North Carolina.