Dr. Ariel Belasen, Associate Professor
"Students should be able to connect the theoretical applications in each course to actual practical tools and outcomes in their careers."
- Ph.D. – Binghamton University, 2008
- M.S. – Binghamton University, 2004
- B.S. – Cornell University, 2001
- Research on natural disasters has been featured in a number of textbooks and media outlets
- Received a CMS Fellowship in 2018
- Taught two dozen unique courses across all academic levels
In which online program do you teach?
What types of projects can online students expect in your courses?
- Group discussions
- Statistical research
- Industrial analyses
- Video presentations
What do you want students to learn in these courses? What is the expected learning outcome?
In general, students should be able to connect the theoretical applications in each course to actual practical tools and outcomes in their careers.
Why did you start teaching?
It always seemed like a natural fit for me. When I worked in the private sector it never felt like the right match-up for my skill set.