Chris J. Winter, Instructor
"[I want students to learn] how to use the materials covered in the course to make marketing decisions and direct marketing management."
- MBA – Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 1988
- B.S. – Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 1973
Chris Consults, LLC, August 2002-present
- Own and operate Chris Consults, a marketing/business development consulting firm. Chris Consults works with various clients in developing business/marketing strategy and tactics for their businesses. Clients include: Contemporary Creative Group, BancStar, Inc., Simply Radiant Natural Skin Care, Miken Technology, Safe-Med, Annie's, and MASFAP.
Bunn Winter Associates, Inc., Collinsville, IL, June 2002-present
- Vice President, New Business Development
- Bunn Winter Associates is a full-service advertising agency working with consumer, B2B, and institutional clients. Major accounts include: Anheuser-Busch, Energizer, Casino Queen, Lincoln Manufacturing, FCB Banks, St. Louis Convention and Visitors' Committee.
Commerce Bancshares, Inc., St. Louis, MO, 1993-2002
- Vice President, Regional Marketing Manager
- Responsible for marketing/communications for three regions ($6 billion in total assets) as part of a $14 billion holding company. Managed marketing for retail, commercial, and investment management lines of business. Handled Student Loan and Dealer Services marketing for CBI holding company.
Anheuser-Busch, Inc., St. Louis, MO, 1991-1993
- Promotional Products Group
- Manager, Consumer Marketing
- Senior manager responsible for all consumer-marketing strategies and executions to sell Anheuser-Busch branded/logo merchandise, steins, and collectibles.
DMB&B/St. Louis/SRH Direct, St. Louis, MO, 1989-1991
- Senior Account Executive
- Responsible for strategic planning, design, development, execution, and analysis of consumer and business-to-business direct marketing and promotional direct campaigns; major accounts including Boatmen's Bancshares, Anheuser-Busch, Inc., Southwestern Bell Telephone, Hiram Walker, Monsanto and M&M Mars
Central Banc System, Inc., Fairview Heights, IL, 1988-1989
- Vice President-Marketing
- Responsible for all marketing for $800 MM bank holding company.
Centerre Bank, St. Louis, MO
- Deposit Product Manager, 1987-1988
- Director, Corporate Advertising, 1986-1987
- Affiliate Marketing Specialist, 1984-1985
Bunn Winter Associates, Inc., St. Louis, MO – Honolulu, HI, 1973-1984
- Account Supervisor-Assistant to the President
- Responsible for the development and management of marketing/communications campaigns for Anheuser-Busch, Artex International, Mercantile Bank, First Union Bank, Ralston Purina, Banquet Foods, Monsanto, and Southwestern Bell for full-service advertising agency.
In which online program do you teach?
What types of projects can online students expect in your course?
- Video Cases
- Team Communication Brief
- Building Assignments
- Essay Exams
What do you want students to learn in these courses? What is the expected learning outcome?
How to use the materials covered in the course to make marketing decisions and direct marketing management.
When did you start teaching?
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
How to Win Friends and Influence Other People by Dale Carnegie
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
Went to the University of Hawaii for one year