Dr. Tim Jacks, Associate Professor
"Be prepared to work, but it will be worth it!"
- PhD – University of North Carolina – Greensboro, 2012
- MBA – Lenoir-Rhyne College, 2004
- BA – Davidson College, 1990
- Achieved tenure at SIUE in 2018
- Awarded Chancellor's Innovation Grant to launch a new Cybersecurity program
Links to share?
In which online program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
What types of projects can online students expect in your course?
What do you want students to learn in these courses? What is the expected learning outcome?
All homework assignments translate directly to the Skills section of a student's resume!
Why did you start teaching?
Teaching is what gives my life meaning. The feeling of helping others is extremely addictive.
What advice would you give to those considering this online program?
Be prepared to work, but it will be worth it!
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
If Aristotle Ran General Motors by Tom Morris
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I help coach the SIUE Fencing Club on campus.